Sunday, May 31, 2009

Creating with Cricut

I'm not totally into scrapbooking, mainly because I don't have either the time or the patience to do it. Crafting and card making, on the other hand, are hobbies that I have started doing. If you follow my blog, you have seen blocks and cards that I have made. Recently my mom asked "if I buy the stuff, will you make me a bunch of cards?" Being the nice daughter that I am, I agreed to. We will call it The Mom Collection. Below are some of my latest creations. The idea for matching the envelope to the card came from a set of Christmas cards that I bought from Costco one year. It just gives them a more custom touch. Feel free to, as they call it, scrap-lift any of the ideas.

Mother's Day card. I made two, of course, for both my mom and Shane's mom. The card is glittery.

Can't forget about Grandma.

Shane's birthday card. I had to make him a special one since he puts up with the mess I make all the time.
Can't forget about my latest blocks. I bought this cartridge that is so me called "Life's a Beach." Summer, here I come.

Graduation Card, The Mom Collection.

Quote on the inside: "And in the end, its not the years in your life that count. Its the life in your years."-Abraham Lincoln

Baby shower card for a girl, The Mom Collection.

Another Baby Girl Shower card from The Mom Collection.

My cousin Lydia is graduating this year from Copper Hills High School. I made this card for The Mom Collection.
Quote on the inside is actually her Class Quote from her Grad Announcement.
Baby Boy shower card from The Mom Collection.

Another baby boy card from The Mom Collection.

Bridal Shower card, The Mom Collection.

My mom thought this was a wedding card, but when I put "bride" on the outside I was making it as a shower card. The Mom Collection.

Wedding card, The Mom Collection.

Wedding Card, The Mom Collection.

Same wedding card. The front of the card barely covers "Walk Down The Aisle" which is the inside detail. The Mom Collection.

Birthday Card, The Mom Collection.

Another birthday card from The Mom Collection.
Inside detail of the "Relax" birthday card, The Mom Collection.

Balloon birthday card, The Mom Collection.

Thank You card, The Mom Collection.

Another Thank You card from The Mom Collection.
Graduation card for Lydia from us.
It also happened to be her birthday too. I didn't have a small clothing box, so I made one out of a box lid.
Close up of the charm detail on the gift.
Lydia's birthday card from us.
This is not the finished product for her graduation gift, but the main layout of the card.
All of the shapes, letters and sayings on the cards are from Cricut cartridges. I used the George Basic Shapes and Letters, Stretch Your Imagination, Doodletype and Life is a Beach.

1 comment:

The Plaisted's said...

These cards are so cute! You are so talented