Tuesday, June 10, 2008

My Buddy, My Buddy, Where Ever I Go, He Goes

I realized that I didn't have any pictures of our kids on here, so I will be posting more pictures of my animals to please those who would like to see them. We will start with Buddy. He is over a year and a half old now. We got him when he was 1 month old. Those of you that know me well, you know I have a fear of big dogs. Well.......Buddy was just so cute and little when we got him, I just couldn't say no. He is a pitbull/American Bulldog mix. HE'S BIG! But no matter how big he gets, he still acts like he is the same size as the day we brought him home. I absolutely love having him around. I feel safe, needed and loved! I couldn't imagine our lives without Buddy. We decided to name him Buddy because when we first got him, all he would do was follow Shane around. Now Shane had a little "buddy" with him wherever he went. He does get into big trouble from time to time, but his curiosity for things around him make up for it. Tonight he saw a little moth flying around the family room and was trying his hardest to catch it. That was great entertainment! Who needs cable when you have Buddy around? Even better is when our tv is on Animal Planet, because he just loves to sit on our bed and watch what the other dogs and cats are doing. We love Buddy!

This is a picture of Buddy the first weekend we had him. He was so small he fit in Shane's arm.
Awwww!

This is Buddy at 4 months. He was as long as Shane's torso. He grew quite a bit in those first months we had him.

Buddy at Christmas, a couple of weeks after the last photo. Still not very big, the bone we got him for Christmas was bigger than he was.

This is Buddy a couple of weeks ago. HE IS HUGE NOW!!! He can stand on his back legs and touch my shoulders, weighs about 80-85 lbs., and is like having an extra person in our bed. But he still acts like he is little enough to sit on your lap whenever he feels like it.

No comments: