Thursday, June 5, 2008

Race for the Cure 2008

As mentioned before in one of my posts, I participated in Race for the Cure this year. My mom, sister and I joined the Jazzercise ladies to help raise money for the cause. It was a great experience that I am glad I took part in. It was a little chilly, but once we were in the sun and moving we were able to start warming up. To go along with the somewhat chilly weather, the day before I had started treatment for walking pneumonia. Being the trooper I am, I still walked with my family and finished the race. There were tons of people there too. More than had ever seen at the same event in years past. This is something that I definitely want to do next year. It's a great cause and you don't have to know someone who has had breast cancer. You just have to want to support others and bring awareness to something that could affect anyone you know. Check out the pics. Sorry that it took so long to post them. I 've been too lazy to charge my camera battery.

The sea of people surrounded the fountain at the Gateway waiting for the walk to start.


Alli and I enjoying ourselves before the race.

Here's my mom at the race. Alli is a dork!

Team Jazzercise. Not just a group of girls.

LOOK AT ALL THE PEOPLE!!!

The end!!!! I finished the race!!!




No comments: