Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Shredding the Mountain!

Merry Christmas to Shane and I. This year for our Christmas present, my sister Alli, made up fake lift passes for us good for a Day Pass at Brighton Resort and snowboarding lessons. We all headed up there on January 11th so that we could experience the rush of flying down the mountain. I have skiied before, but the only snow sport Shane had ever done was sledding. He did amazing and I was impressed with how quickly he caught on. Me on the other hand.....let's just say that I have a really nice sister to follow me down the Bunny Hill for 20-25 minutes on my first run. It's the hill in the above picture if you have never been there. Little kids were passing me left and right quite a few times, and that was after I figured out how to stand on the board. I envy little kids for how fearless they are. Shane was doing so well that he got back on the lift and made it to the bottom before I completed my first run. Sorry Shane! Anyway, we were getting back on the lift and my parents had shown up to take pictures of us. Thanks Mom and Dad! My second run started better than the first. It was the only run the whole day that I didn't fall getting off the lift. But then I started down the hill and flipped over like 3 times in one fall. I actually heard someone from the lift above ask if I was okay. Never the less, I got back up and kept on going. It was tons of fun and both Shane and I were starting to finally get a hang of it. Before lunch, Shane went with Alli on the next biggest run. After that, he stuck to the bunny hill with me to get a little more experience. Snowboarding is definitely something that we will be doing again in the near future and it was all thanks to Alli for the gift that she knew we would enjoy.

Alli, me and Shane outside the lodge.

Alli and I

Next to us, Alli looked like an Olympic Gold Medalist.

It may look like I was doing okay, but that was just before one of my many falls.

Alli again. A little girl told her she liked all her pink.

Waiting in line for the lift.

Look at Shane go.

My nice sister taking a break with me.

Shane on the lift by himself.

.......And we were only sore for about 2 days after. I got a huge bruise on the back of my knee and both of my knees were swollen. Shane slept like a baby for the following 3 days.

1 comment:

Neil and Roxy said...

I must say I love your board! Neil says if we move to Utah I can get a roxy board but till then it will not do me much good in AZ lol;)