Monday, January 19, 2009

When Ashley gets bored...

After Christmas is over, my shopping is done and the hustle and bustle of the Holidays is gone, the month of January always feels like life is moving in slow motion. Even without working retail this holiday, I still got that feeling right after New Years. Lucky for me, I got a Cricut for Christmas! It has definitely given me something to do when I can't think of anything else. I just go sit in the guest room and make a huge mess of all my craft stuff.
To start with, I got my Cricut the weekend before Christmas, so I made tags for all the presents and Christmas cards for everyone at work. But then what........

...Hmm....Vinyl lettering. I realize that it has been a trend long before I thought of it, but I have never been able to find a saying I like or where to put it for that matter. This was the first thing I did. It is in our living room.

I own a couple different sets of block letters, but now I can make my own. Shane even got in on this too. He went to Lowe's with me to buy the wood, he cut the blocks for me, sanded them and painted them. And that was all without me having to ask him! (I know it was just because he knew that it would take me some time to do it.) I made this set for Valentine's Day. I also made some letters for my mom to put in her laundry room.

I made more than just this one month, but I made monthly calendars for work to sit on my desk. I couldn't decide what kind of calendar to get, so I just made my own. Have you seen the infomercial for the Cricut lately? There is a lady that is just so excited about making her yearly calendar all with her Cricut. I was making fun of her when Shane and I saw the infomercial one day and that night, Shane was the one making fun of me.

More blocks! I'm really going to find more storage space for all my holiday stuff if I keep doing this. But there are so many options out there of things that can be decorated with vinyl. My parents gave us some patio chairs that I was looking at last year. They're white. Maybe........

Most think that I am a scrapbooker, but the fact is that I procrastinate so much that my scrapbooking never gets done. I do however have a passion for card making. Cards are simply a way to share a smile. I made this for one of the girls at work.

And just like blocks, there are so many options for making cards. You could simply make a card just to say hi. My aunt's birthday was Jan. 18th, so Aunt Betty, if you are reading this, it is in the mail. Shane has watched me use the Cricut so much that maybe he'll make me a card for my birthday. I can always imagine, right?






2 comments:

Neil and Roxy said...

I too got the Cricut and love it! I love all your cute ideas I may have to copy what you did with your picture frame very cute! It is the best machine i the world!

The Plaisted's said...

Again....Jealous!!! If I lived anywhere near you...you know where I'd be!